Filpkart has officially announced its annual grand sale Flipkart Big Billion Day. Since 2014, it has become an annual event at Flipkart on the occassion of Dusshera. The Flipkart Big Billion Day is known for its tremendous discounts and superb special offers every year to lure customers at bay. In 2014, Flipkart made a whopping 600 Cr profit in a single day (6th Oct) because of the sale. Now, you can imagine the scale of sales that happen on Flipkart Big Billion Day. And this year, Flipkart is back with its sale from 2nd Oct – 6th Oct with some mind blowing offers and discounts. Beware, the countdown has already started.
What to expect on this year’s Flipkart Big Billion Day sale?
When the first time Flipkart inaugurated the Big Billion Days, it was a one day show. There were massive offers like 90% off on trending Nokia Lumia Phones, 50% off on TVs n Laptops and there was 1₹ sale on quite some good products. All of these on one single day (6th Oct, 2014) and the crowd gone crazy. Everyone is sitting infront of Flipkart store and there was a huge site traffic on that day.
This led to severe server issues leading to the crash of website at times and transactions failing in the middle. People started complaining about this the next day, to which Flipkart officially apologized via a personal mail to every single customer. So with this flashback story in mind, Flipkart extended the sale from one day to 5 days catering to specific category of items each day. The same will be followed this year too.
- On the first day i.e. 2nd Oct, the sale will be of products in Fashion, Home appliances, TVs and appliances.
- On 3rd Oct, the offers will sprinkle on Mobiles and Accessories (everyone’s favourite). And this time, there are new releases from Samsung, MI and good exchange offers on Moto Smartphones. A lot can be expected on this day.
- On 4th Oct, Electronic gadgets like laptops, cameras and others will be offered at jaw dropping prices.
- On 5th and 6th days, it an all-in-one sale of whatever is left including books.
So now you know whats coming through. Just get ready to unleash your wishlist
What to do to get the most of Flipkart Big Billion Day sale?
- For PC/Laptops, ensure you have a high speed broadband internet connection. The faster the better.
- In case of mobiles, make sure your internet connection is atleast 3G and much better if its 4G.
- Register a Flipkart account if you already don’t have one.
- Browse through the store and add your favourite items to My Wish list.
- Keep the delivery addresses updated and ready.
- Save the credit/debit card details to ensure a faster transaction. (This is totally secure on Flipkart).
- Keep SBI credit/debit cards in hand. If you dont have them, collect from friends/colleagues who have them. Why? Because extra 10% discount on SBI bank credit cards. That is why!
Note: Other benefits on this Big Billion Days sale are: Product Exchange offers, No-interest EMIs, Buy-more-Get-more discounts.
All the above steps are highly recommended to be completed well before 2nd October itself. Because once the sale begins, the traffic would be lot worse than Bombay city traffic. And more worse if Flipkart has spilled out some really really good offer for its customers (Like this one time they offered 16GB Transcend Pendrive for ₹1). And the stock will not last long for much time. So better be a little proactive rather than biting nails afterwards. Don’t miss the superb sale guys. May all your wishes come true!